At Edge Petrol we have built a data driven web app for petrol retailers, allowing them to optimise their business operations to maximise returns.
Our intelligent software solution delivers real-time data, analytics and insight. The client is bringing increased efficiency to how petrol retailers purchase and price fuel and operate their stations.
Edge’s founders and board members have an extensive background, knowledge and networks in upstream oil trading & downstream petrol retail. With an addressable market of 8,000 petrol stations in the UK, over 120,000 in continental Europe and 150,000 in the USA, we have a huge potential for growth with an exciting go-to-market strategy.
We are carving out a new space in the market by rapidly iterating on a product that shows petrol retailers real time information they used to have to wait weeks for. But there are some tough challenges ahead. We must…
- Create Machine Learning models to mine the vast body of data we are collecting to identify winning strategies, identify and expose more insights in their data, highlighting them as notifications and alerts where appropriate
- Create beautiful dashboard widgets and data visualisations to present critical insights in the most efficient and readable manner
- Complete integrations into more of the operational equipment our customers rely on; ePOS systems, fuel suppliers’ portals and back-end systems, fuel grades, pumps etc.
We are seeking a remote or London based Back-end Engineer to join our team and drive the product forward. We are looking for senior candidates with a minimum of 5 years commercial experience. To qualify for this role, you must have demonstrable experience, be self-motivated, resourceful, and disciplined with your time, staying aware of important deadlines and milestones.
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering, experienced engineering and QA teams to drive the product towards meeting the client's ambitious objectives
- Work collaboratively to solve complex mathematical and logical problems in efficient and elegant ways to provide our API with rapid and scalable services
- Use your strong understanding of programming best practises, common design patterns and standards to ship world class products
- Leverage your 3+ years experience working with AWS services to build secure and scalable microservices
- Use Agile Scrum methodology to accurately estimate projects on time and complexity
- Collaborate with other remote team members using Slack, Jira, email and phone.
- Own feature stories through the whole cycle, ensuring their quality and success
- Mentor other developers on skills you are strong with. Learn new technologies and techniques where you are not
Core tech stack includes:
- RDS // Postgres
- Kubernetes // AWS SDK
- Git // GitHub // Jira
- Permanent, full time remote role
- 20 days annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Pick the Apple/Windows equipment you need to do your job effectively
- Contributions to learning materials / courses / books - your development is important to us
- Team lunches and off-sites
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Play a significant part in building a world class app, service, product and business
- Whilst this role is remote, you must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this role
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org