Do you want to be part of a huge growth business? Do you have a passion for problem solving?
Do you have experience in working within a busy and growing support, integration, and implementation team?
Yes? Great...read on!
At EdgePetrol we are putting our foot on the gas and planning to accelerate our growth 3x in the next year. To meet these ambitious targets, we need to have a world-class Integration, Implementation and Support (IIS) team in place to ensure that our clients can connect to our software and get the maximum value from their subscriptions.
Our users are petrol station owners around the globe who are using our software to transform the way they are working. Our customers have binned their spreadsheets and post-it notes they have been using for 30 years to tap into the live, accessible, and valuable insight that we provide.
Reporting to the COO, you will be critical in taking our customers from signed contracts to live and invoicing. Working with a range of partners across PoS (point of sale), BoS (back office) and cost price/competitor price providers, you will be tasked to provide the best possible solution for each situation.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, a self-starter and results orientated to join our team. To be considered for this role, you MUST meet our four core values:
- Can do attitude
As the business scales into new markets and bigger customers, there are some exciting opportunities ahead:
- Working with global customers in different markets with a variety of needs.
- Complete integrations and implementations into more of the operational equipment for our customers.
- Implement EdgePetrol into our customers' estates – into petrol stations around the world.
- EdgePetrol quickly moves front and centre in businesses where it is installed – availability and responsive support are critical.
- Create a world class integration, implementation, and support team to act as the first point of contact for our customers on a day-to-day basis.
We are looking for a tenacious, driven, implementation specialist:
- You will report to our COO.
- Engage with our Partners’ technical teams and take them through the integration process to deliver compliant and reliable integrations.
- Make key decisions on integration routes whilst investigating and assessing new out-the-box solutions.
- Follow the QA and acceptance process to help maintain completed integrations.
- Work closely with Customer Success to get Customers from contract to connected - implement new connections, rollout new configurations.
- Evaluate Customer needs, develop configurations that support business processes.
- Assist supporting problems and escalations from our customers and external partners.
- Contributing to the development of the implementation plan.
- Preparation of training and implementation documentation as required.
You must be able to deliver under pressure - these skills and experience will help you do that:
- Mixing pro-active work with reactive unplanned work.
- Integrations and implementations need significant hustle to get them through, motivating partners, customers, and internal players to give up information, complete tasks and attend calls and meetings.
- You will need to believe in visibility - keeping stakeholders updated on the progress of implementation projects and support tickets.
- Experience of supporting SaaS products would be an asset, but any technical experience of knowledge is going to be useful - from networking to browsers.
- An understanding of a retailer’s mindset will be essential. You must be able to put yourself in their place.
- Experience using online support management tools.
- Experience in IIS (2 years minimum experience).
- Love for start-up environment, results oriented, green field build of new product, own your work, small teams demanding flexibility.
- To be ready to work within a distributed team, self-sufficient, with the initiative and energy to create and maintain relationships and power collaboration remotely.
Ideal additional skills include:
- 1st line Management experience/qualification (as a minimum)
- Project management
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Problem solving
- Influencing skills
- Business acumen
- Building internal and external networks
- Change management
- SQL experience
This is an exciting role for a growing business, with room for you to grow:
- Permanent full time remote role
- 20 days annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Play a significant part in building a world class app, service, product, and business
- Be part of the strategy – EdgePetrol are an open book, and the management team are open to suggestions that help improve the business
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com