With the importance of our new partner to our long term strategy, it is imperative we bring on an experienced channel director to quickly build and implement a strategy that maximizes revenue opportunities, and ensure the highest level of support, training and collateral is provided to drive a successful channel relationship with our most important partner.
EdgePetrol is a rocket ship fueling up and ready to take off in the US. As a venture-backed SaaS start-up based in London & New York, we’ve experienced significant growth and are now searching for a Director of Channel Partnerships, to take ownership and be responsible for the development and refinement of the ongoing channel strategy with our most important partner.
Our platform solves a genuine problem in the petrol owner/c-store industry by providing powerful insights and real-time fuel management tools. Helping our clients to increase their margins and stay ahead of the competition.
Our easy to use and intelligent, software solution allows petrol dealer owners to dump the spreadsheets and manage their fuel pricing strategy / margins with a click of a button. Our product offering accompanied by our world-class customer support makes it easier than ever to boost petrol station site performance and get complete transparency across their entire retail portfolio.
**This is a remote role but must be based in Austin, Texas**
There is so much to do, and a lot of upsides. This role is going to be an incredibly exciting and multifaceted opportunity, which will require a high level of competency as it pertains to an important strategic element of our overall business objectives.
To ensure the success and maximize the potential of our partner channel, you’ll be directly responsible for building and executing the GTM partner plan. You’ll be comfortable sales coaching and product training, expertly presenting our product capabilities, tailoring the value proposition to our partners' workflows, as well as providing comprehensive feedback on the value/problems/opportunities to our CS & product teams. Most importantly you’ll ensure our pipeline of partner deals is growing and closing.
You’ll work alongside the marketing, sales, CS and product teams of EdgePetrol, whilst also acting as an extension of the partner team. Of course, you’ll be well supported and geared for success by the rest of us here!
What we're looking for
The Channel director has an exciting opportunity to build their dream partner plan from scratch and drive this important revenue channel like their own.
We’re looking for an ambitious, motivated and experienced channel director to lead the strategy and day-to-day operations of our most important channel partner. This is a high growth role integral to our business model and long-term vision.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset bringing a great deal of experience, energy and confidence to the role each day. A strong understanding of the fuel/c-store industry will be a valuable asset, as will an ability to understand both complex business relationships and the technical requirements for implementing our product with the channel partner clients.
The right person for this role will be a fast learner and will apply a high degree of cognitive nimbleness to the role at all times.
The exciting challenges of this role
• Take a “CEO of the department” attitude into every day, keeping in mind the overall objectives of the company and organising the resources at your disposal to achieve those goals.
• Meet assigned sales targets and strategic objectives.
• Choose your own adventure - Build and execute your strategy with senior revenue team members.
• Serve as the ultimate point of contact for our most important channel partner, working as an extension to the partner, whilst making sure the company objectives are met.
• Proactively lead a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
•Sophisticated decision making skills, particularly in resolving complex challenges involving trade-offs between revenue opportunities, resource availability, and overarching strategic objectives.
• Join partner client sales and product demo calls when required.
• Provide ongoing roadmap and guidance to the partner with continued product and sales training.
• Grow and manage the pipeline for new business by generating sales opportunities within the partnership and collaborate with internal sales to close strategic opportunities.
• Help the partner pitch, present and negotiate deals to their client base.
• Develop the Go-to-Market plans that align with sales, finance and operations.
• Work cross-functionally (BusinessDevelopment, Customer Success, Product/Engineering) in order to support overall growth and success of this global partnership and prioritise our partnership and product roadmap.
• Share back feedback from partner clients to inform our product roadmap and operations.
• Anticipate and help resolve channel conflict issues, troubleshoot and resolve daily challenges between various teams
• Work with VP Operations to coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
• Drives adoption of EdgePetrol products among the assigned clients of our partner.
Is this you?
- Humble, hungry and empathetic. Creative and passionate about building a successful partnership
- Have 5+ years experience in successfully building and executing a channel partner strategy
- Have 5+ years experience in SaaS
- Experience in and a strong understanding of the Gas/ C-Store sector is a huge plus
- “Hunter” & “Farmer” mindset with the ability to generate revenue opportunities while also developing long-term partner relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to develop relationships
Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short bespoke cover letter as to why you think you would be a good fit for EdgePetrol.